Did you know the human body is approximately 60% water? Your body uses water in cells, organs and tissues to regulate body temperature and maintain other bodily functions. It’s not only important to make sure you’re drinking enough water, but also know what is IN your water. Plus, there are so many benefits of good water quality.
Water And Health Are Linked
Since over half of your body is made of water, it’s clear how your health and quality of water you’re taking in are correlated. According to the CDC, the top causes of disease outbreaks related to drinking water are:
- Infects nearly 2% of adults and 6-8% of children in developed countries worldwide
- In the U.S., it’s the most common intestinal parasitic disease affecting humans
- Can be found in every part of the U.S. and throughout the world
- Infection rates in the U.S. have declined by more than 95% since a Hepatitis A vaccine first became available in 1995
Can be found in every part of the U.S. and throughout the world
In the U.S. each year on average norovirus:
- Causes 19-21 million cases of acute gastroenteritis
- Leads to 17-1.9 million outpatient visits and 400,000 emergency department visits, primarily in young children
- Contributes to about 56,000-71,000 hospitalizations and 570-800 deaths, mostly among young children and the elderly
- Most contagious types of diarrhea caused by bacteria – causes about 500,000 cases in the U.S. annually
- Found in every part of the U.S. and throughout the world
Benefits Of Water Filtration And Treatment
Home water filtration can help prevent the diseases previously mentioned! Everyone wants great-tasting drinking water, but home water filtration is so much more than that. When you choose to add filtration, you’re choosing to help upkeep your family and pets’ health. There are even different types of filtration and water treatments available to fit your family’s needs. You’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits of good water quality.
While your health may be the most important benefit of clean water, there are also other benefits for you and your family.
Filtration rids your water of potentially harmful impurities, such as bacteria, lead, etc. It can also help prevent the spread of waterborne illnesses.
Drink filtered water instead of bottled water. The elimination of bottled water from your household helps to reduce the environmental impact. Plus, it’s cost effective!
Better Hair And Skin
Hard water can dry out your hair and skin. Prevent this by treating your water.
Lengthened Appliance Lifespan
Mineral deposits in your appliances, both large and small, decreases their effectiveness and shortens the appliances’ lifespan. Softened water keeps your appliances at top efficiency, making them last longer.
Coffee, tea and foods prepared with filtered water taste better.
Easier Home Maintenance
Avoid the rust stains, mineral deposits and film that hard water and other contaminants can leave on your fixtures, shower walls, sinks, toilets, etc. Water softening can help with an easy clean up.
Filtered and/or treated water makes your colors brighter and whites whiter. You’ll also use less detergent for laundry and dishes with softer water!
When Is It Time To Seek Professional Help For Your Water?
Of course we all want to enjoy the benefits of good water quality. You can always reach out to ensure your family is getting the cleanest water possible. But, if you’re unsure about when you need to seek professional help, we suggest calling us if:
- Your tap water tastes gross
- Your tap water smells gross
- Your tap water doesn’t lather properly when mixed with soap
- Your water leaves scale or spots on surfaces
- You’ve had lab testing done and aren’t sure how to solve the problems
You can also look up your ZIP code on the EWG’s Tap Water Database to see if your area’s tap water exceeds the EWG’s suggested guidelines for contaminants.
Go Ahead And Get Set Up to Enjoy the Benefits of Good Water Quality!
Making sure your family is consuming clean water is a no brainer. Air & Energy offers a variety of water filtration options. To get set up with cleaner and softer water, go ahead and give us a call at 941-778-0773 to schedule an appointment, or to ask any questions you may have about different filtration products and options. Our customer service reps would be more than happy to help you!